vI have to say my AP art pieces have got to be my most cherished works of art. Each one I have some sort of personal connection to them. For this one I decided to use my masks, many of which I have collected or created in one way or another. My masks are special as they represent my feelings on halloween, as I act very differently when wearing one. Sometimes I am very eccentric, other times I act scary as I feel that is what halloween can be all about. Other times I am in a partying mood as Halloween is a celebration after all. As for my piece I created different combinations of masks but settled on the Guy Faux mask, the masquerade mask, and my modified "screaming mask" on the right. I chose this over my bottles cause I already did a reflection based piece. I decided to use a burnt siena as a wash instead of using the white background of the frame. I then decided on some color alterations as to create depth and contrast (Ie. the white face mask). Other alterations of the picture including bring out things that were behind the masks like the ribbon on the beaked mask. By this time the outline was complete and the painting was set to begin. I started on the mask because it was the one with the most little alteration and blocked out parts of the mask for high lights and then started with a cream based color. Detailed work included grey and pink colors in the cheeks and lips. The screaming mask was up next, starting on the graphic design along the eyes and nose first. The mask color was a base of white with sky blue for value and a slight amount of black to. For the mask the ribbon was simple blending and placement of highlights. The mask itself like creating cracked ground with bright yellow in between each. Lastly, the background was cloth done in different colors. I really enjoy oil paints compared to other paints based off the projects I have done so far. It is easy to blend for me and to achieve and good amount of color in the piece as well. The one challenge I had was details as my hands are not very steady, causing me to make mistakes I managed to fix in the end. If I could change anything it would be to add more masks into the piece, leaving only the red background. Overall, I think this was a successful piece given that it was my second time using oil paints.