The subject is, on paper, an android in a house that has sustained heavy injury from a past event. The reason behind this injury is unknown and left up to interpretation. Many could relate the android to terminator or other science fiction robots. The photo used for this portrait was a picture of me after my eye surgery to fix a hole in my retina. The work was made by making a rough sketch using white prisma pencil on the brown paper. This was later gone over with value whether it be highlights, shadows, or even the middle range color. I then made much of the face before cutting out areas to expose the machinery. It was all a matter of shading and deciding colors to simulate skin and robotic parts. The point of emphasis is to create an unknown story. This android is damaged but no given reason in the artwork shows the cause of this. I was thinking of making a dead body behind but leaving it to the imagination was more interesting to me. Maybe I could add it in the near future with a hint of blood reflection highlights or the highlights in the metal to reflect a dead body.The android really goes for what I had in mind and that I would be creating the apathetic. This android is lifeless and I tried to simulate that with any lack of reflection or light in the eye. This really gives off a lack of emotion for whatever he just did to cause his injuries and exposed machinery. I wanted audiences imagination to interpret the scenario. Maybe he went all terminator or maybe he was in an accident. I wanted the audience to formulate their own ideas. One thing I felt was successful was the proportions of the face and putting to paper what I had envisioned. The main failure would be the background. It was meant to be blurry to represent the damaged and malfunctioning view point of the android. However, even though I swung and missed heavily on the background design, I think that this background had a more of an idea behind it than my opacity project. The opacity was just kitchen background an lacked any real addition other than taking up blank space. Overall, my mindset for this project was to swing for the fences. Some areas were a home run but other areas (background) I missed horribly. If I were to do another portraiture I would go for it no matter the outcome. It gives me a since of what I can accomplish and what I need to work on. For this one I need to put time in my ability to make a background.