We have been doing an artists inspired piece for are art class. I decided to get into a bit of painting with temper paint, since it isn't my usual thing. The idea of order into chaos inspired Beth Lipman's sculpture THE BRIDE, as did my piece to. The piece seems relativity peaceful on the outside but the colors get abstract in some places. A appearance of order? What is under the veil? None have dared to look past whats in front of them. While mine is much more subtle after a few experiments, Beth has a more expressive feel to her sculpture. Once I get a picture of my piece I will update it but for now I will show you my inspiration to it.
The Bride by Beth Lipman
This week we have had lots of art to create, now we must destroy. Our painted hand we made with the soda cans we chose to sacrifice. Using the rock we used as a base, we smashed the hand in to dust. I had fun doing this since the hand thing was kinda frustrating. I will try and post a pic of the destroyed hand being worn by my class partner. Since I probably can't i will put down something relative to destroying art. This is J signing off.
To create you must destroy something first
Finally we have finished are collab project for art class. We did as I explained in the last post and made a giant bird out of the small birds. As expected we lost many birds in action, and made many more in replacement along with the ones we recovered. I liked how it turned out and am proud of this art, not to mention getting some birds back. This is J signing off.
For are artists collaborate me and my friends are making origami birds. We are going to write questions down and put them all over the school and have them return to are art room. While there is a chance this will not work, we will still gather them up and make a big origami bird out of them hope this works out, this is J signing off
Finally we have finished are artists solve class project. If you remember, we were going to paint a hand with paint filled soda cans. we had to overcome many problems like unsticking the project from everything else. What we solved was painting with out paint brushes to use in any way shape or from. Are inspiration came from drinking sodas in class and we thought"yeah why don't we use these for something". I'm sorry again for having no pics of the hand painted but i do have some of are struggles to finish this. This is J signing off.
This is why I hate glue!!!
For are word of the day we had to do something with the word puppet. I decided to make a puppet out of string, tape, and paper. I taped the paper to the string for the body and then tied them all together to make a little marionette. I always wanted to make a puppet for fun, and i realized pulling the strings is much harder than its looks Unfortunate i have no pics of my little puppet with i did. enjoy the little things, this is J signing off.
As of now i am working on are artists solve problems. Are project involves painting a hand we made with paper mache of someones hand with soda cans filled with paint. We decided to then glue the cans to wooden 2 by 4s. i had fun just sitting there and drinking through about five sodas, we handed them out since we would go into a coma if we did it by are self's. After that we had some trouble... um, unsticking a cabinet table from are gorilla glued project. While we have not finished it im excited on how are hand will turn out. Here are some pics of the project.
My recent works in art class have gone along quite well, For my remix i had made a punk rock Jack Skellington from The Nightmare Before Christmas, which unfortunately i could not get a photo of (time management and all). My other artist steal project came out really well. I was thinking up ideas that could be taking literally and another artist mentioned a fire extinguisher spraying out fire. I took interest and immediately started making a stencil for the fire hydrant. While the artist that inspired me created something totally different, i still think both were well made. here it is.
My creation of one word mini project. the word was octopus and i had made this before hand so that was my work. the smears where on purpose to give some volume.