For this piece we decided to base it off the works of famous painters Hundertwasser and Klemt. There specialties involved the use of transforming landscapes into various two dimensional, and simplified into basic forms upon the canvas. My references were originally based of a backyard with a house in the background, but you would not even know that by just looking at the finished product.
These sketches still don't have any similarity to the original picture, a feature I enjoyed in the process of creating this artwork. After some transforming and reforming, I was ready to pet paint to canvas. Hindsight is 20/20 so a wash on the canvas like burnt Siena may have been a better choice than the titanium white background I chose to work with. This caused a bit to show through but no matter, the colors were what I really wanted to go for in this process. I have always found the acrylic to be good for making bold and bright colors, specifically ones like yellow and pink. I used these both in my artwork to a certain extent, pairing them with complementary colors in the piece. For a border I chose a classic red and blue pattern to outline the once normal landscape I had created. In many of Klemt's works he had various eyes placed in it for various reasons. I found this idea to be quite interesting and made the design choice of inserting them throughout my canvas. As for value changes, which I usually strive to add in, I decided against them for a more 2D appearance based off the artist's work. After the paint had dried entirely I used a silver marker in order to embellish designs into the paint, often this involved the use of spiral patterns and interior outlines with webbing designs in areas as well. The most difficult thing with this piece was how fast acrylic dries. For term of time it works well, but getting a good amount of paint on before drying was slightly annoying. Another setback I had was redoing lines if I messed up on them, taking up about 1/4 of a class period to correct. Overall, this piece I believe was more of a success then a rejection, and the only thing I would fix would be a more various color choice for a more psychedelic effect.