For this artwork I would like to say that watercolor was never my forte. I have gotten relatively better but I still just don't like how the paint moves and judging the correct amount of water. This often cause me problems like splotches of paint here and there on my painting. That being said, I figured flowers would be the most appropriate for my first, and probably last, watercolor painting. These pictures were taken from my mom's flowers she had been taking care of in our backyard from multiple angles. I eventually decided to use the picture with the as many colors I can get. This allowed me to prevent the painting from blending into a mess when too much of one color was together. to do the stalks and leaves I went with a basic design of green with a more blueish green to create lines for the "veins" of the leaves. The next step was defining each of the petals on the main flowers in the piece. While challenging at first with the first yellow flower, I managed to figure out a system of blending with the paint. I would start off thick with paint and pull it to the other side of the petal. This created a blend that made each petal stick out better than just painting it all in one shade. The yellow flowers I did something different involving some browns and darker yellows added in. Despite these challenges, I managed to achieve in some respect the desire shading and blending I wanted. Overall, if I was better at watercolors I would be able to do more however this will do for now.